Sunday, December 9, 2012

Breakfast Makeover

Confession: I hate making breakfast. However, I have to have it or I'm quite cranky by 8am. I haven't always hated making it. Unfortunately, I've developed this horrible nasty fast food habit over the past year. Sometime when I was pregnant with Nolan, I developed this avoidance of making breakfast. I find myself not making it often at home and just picking up something on the way to work. This is not good for either my waistline or my wallet.

In an effort to get rid of the last of the baby weight and save some monies, I decided that this is the week I'm going to break that habit. I've always been a smoothie fan, but the idea of even taking 5 minutes to make one in the morning was just too much for me. It's hard enough getting out of the house with two little boys without worrying about breakfast.

Enter the make ahead protein smoothie. To my blender I added:

One bag of Trader Joe's Very Cherry Berry Blend frozen fruit, thawed
3 scoops of vanilla Designer Whey protein powder
4 tablespoons of chia seeds
A big drizzle of honey
Approximately two cups of milk

I blended it all up and divided it up between four reusable water bottles that I picked up at Target for less than $4. The plan is to take one out each evening to thaw in the fridge overnight and hopefully have a frosty delicious treat without any work in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment