Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2 Ingredients Pumpkin Muffins

A funny thing about me and pumpkin.  I love ALL things pumpkin.  All things that is, except for traditional standby: pumpkin pie.  Pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin spice coffee; the list goes on and on, I love them all!!   So when I spotted a simple recipe for pumpkin muffins floating around Pinterest last year, I knew I had to try them.   I believe this is the link that I pinned. Truth be told, with over 2500 pins, I have a hard time finding specific pins a year later... 

But I digress, on to the muffins!!  I swapped out the yellow cake mix for spice cake mix and they are to.die.for.   Seriously, they can not be more simple.  It's hardly a recipe, it's that easy.  You simple mix a box of the cake mix with a can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix) until well blended.  It will seem like you need to add something else to it, but DON'T!  Trust me on this, just keep stirring, it will eventually come together. Once well blended, spoon the batter into the muffin tins and pop into the oven, following the directions on the cake mix box.  Viola, muffins!! 



They are SO amazing and not at all dry.  I prefer mine with a smear of cream cheese frosting, but they are also delicious without the frosting.  I love them and even my toughest critic, the four year old, adores them. Cole actually prefers them without the frosting which just means more for me! 

Next up on the pumpkin treat list is to try out this four-ingredient pumpkin frozen yogurt.  

Want to see what other goodies I've found on Pinterest?  Follow me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment