Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 14: Just the two of us

 Note: I forgot to publish this yesterday.

Believe it or not, I rarely spend any one on one time with Nolan. Sure, I spend a lot of time with him but its usually feeding or getting him ready for bed. Most play time is spent with dominated by Cole. But not today. At first I was irritated that Cole dozed off on the couch just a few minutes after Nolan woke up from a 2 hour nap. I mean, why couldn't they nap at the same time so I could get some stuff done around the house, read my book, relax, etc?

Then I realized that for the first time in I don't know how long, Nolan and I got to play all by ourselves. No daddy, no big brother, just Nolan and mommy time. We sang songs, played peekaboo and I tickled him until he squealed with little baby laughter.

These are the moments that I cherish and yet I feel like I have so few of them. With Cole, he was always the center of our world. With the introduction of Nolan into our family, all that has changed. He has had a tough time adjusting to that, so I've had to really make sure to carve out special time for just him. In many ways, Nolan really gets the short end of the stick. He rarely gets any time with either John or I all by himself. This is one reason that I still sent Cole to daycare while I was on maternity leave. I know a lot of people probably thought that was stupid, but since we were paying for it anyway, I wanted to seize the opportunity to have that one on one time with him. I got to spend 12 weeks alone with Cole when he was born, why not Nolan? Besides, who wouldn't want to hang out with this cutie?




If you have more than one child, how do you ensure quality alone time with each of them?

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My husband of almost 7 years, cheated on me and left me for her and is living with her now. He said he hasn't been happy in years but never told/showed me he was unhappy. We have a 4 year old son that missed his daddy so much and cries for him to just come home. Our son even crawled all over his car crying "daddy stay home with me." And he still left. He just keeps saying "he's never coming back, no matter what." I didn't know what to anymore..he left me 5/7/15, the weekend before mothers day this year and it broke my heart and I keep praying to God and he keeps telling me "be patient" I was still trying my best but it was hard when this was hurting my son so badly. I have told my sister about this and she gave me some advice to contact a very good and powerful prophet who can help me pray for my husband to come back and be happy with us again which i did and i contacted the prophet. he prayed for me and my husband cam home begging me to take him back and now we ar happily living together and a family. all thanks to the prophet and his email is (prayerstosaverelationship@yahoo.com). May God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete